Thursday, January 5, 2012

Avocado Banana Smoothie



Today I was reading through "Everyday Food" and realized that it was a healthy issue. I came a recipe that I am looking forward to trying. I was going to make it this morning, but Lily demanded the last "nana" so I have to wait to get more. It's an avocado banana smoothie. How delicious does that sound? Here is the recipe:

Avocado Banana Smoothie:
Combine 1 avocado and 1 banana in blender. Add 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt (or if you're like me, add honey greek yogurt), 1 1/2 cups of fresh squeezed orange juice, 1/4 a cup of honey, and three cups of ice all blended. 

Only 224 calories a serving! 

I plan on adding some mango or pineapple to it as well.

1 comment:

  1. Umm, you forgot the ice cream! And hold the avocado and banana please. :)

    ReplyDelete